Twitter, like any social media site, can be a huge time-suck. You jump on to check your @ mentions and before you know it it’s gone dark outside!
Here’s the strategy I use to use Twitter effectively, in less than 10 minutes a day. Why not try it right now?
*Note: I originally shared this strategy for using Twitter in less than 10 minutes a day in my Magic Monday newsletter. For more tips like this, and for stuff I just don’t blog about on the site, sign up here!*
Twitter in less than 10 minutes a day. –>
1. SHARE: Post a link (to article you have written, or to someone else’s). Add an
intro to the link, a quote from it, or some enticing description to encourage more
clicks. (2 mins)
2. TWEET something personal: Ask a question, make a statement, write
something funny. (1 min)
3. ENGAGE: Reply to a question or comment in your Twitter feed (1 min)
4. CHECK your interaction/@ replies/ messages and reply if necessary (1
5. FOLLOW five new people (Twitter gives you some suggestions) and say
hi to them (3 mins)
6. RETWEET a link that you found interesting from your feed. (1 min)
And you’re done!
Laura Pepper Wu is the co-founder of 30 Day Books: a book studio. She has worked with a variety of authors to successfully promote their books, including many Amazon best-sellers. Laura is the author of wedding non-fiction guides and book marketing guides 77 Ways to Find New Readers for Your Self-Published Book and Fire Up Amazon!
Laura also runs Ladies Who Critique, a critique-partner finding site. When she's not working at the studio, you can find her walking her dog, "yoga-ing" or at a coffee shop in Seattle.