Here we are again, the best book marketing and promotion links for this week. That means TGIF!
p.s. 30 Day Books is an official sponsor of PromoDay 2012 on Saturday May 19th. Have you signed up for this (free) event yet?
p.p.s. We finally got a Facebook page. I’ve been resisting since we have one for each of books already, but this will be the more central hub to keep in touch on. Join us!
1. Self-Publishing Basics: Introduction to Metadata – The Book Designer
You must know the inner workings of search engines if you want your eBook to be found by clients.
2. Book Marketing: Why I Gave Up Trying to Build a Big Social Media Following – The Creative Penn
Social Media just doesn’t work for some people. Is it even possible to market your eBook without Twitter and Facebook?
3. What is an Author Brand? – We Grow Media
Branding is not about creating an artificial façade but really a way to connect with your audiences.
4. 5 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn from the Angry Birds Cookbook – Tony Darrick Baker
400 million downloads later, the Angry Birds game developer is self-publishing a book. This should be interesting!
5. 7 Reasons eBook Authors Should Have a Paperback – 30 Day Books
And it’s for the money – read on for the non-financial benefits of having your eBook on paper.
Laura Pepper Wu is the co-founder of 30 Day Books: a book studio. She has worked with a variety of authors to successfully promote their books, including many Amazon best-sellers. Laura is the author of wedding non-fiction guides and book marketing guides 77 Ways to Find New Readers for Your Self-Published Book and Fire Up Amazon!
Laura also runs Ladies Who Critique, a critique-partner finding site. When she's not working at the studio, you can find her walking her dog, "yoga-ing" or at a coffee shop in Seattle.